A good espresso machine is the best investment in a coffee lover’s life. It is the delight of any coffee addict, no matter where he or she is from. But before you buy an espresso machine, do cross check ones with the following list.
- The best espresso machines come with a stainless steel casing. Because the machine goes through a lot of high temperature and pressure processing, it is always advisable to buy an espresso machine that has a durable body. And stainless steel is a good bet.
- Try to get an espresso machine where you can adjust the pressure of the water. Too much or too little pressure affects the quality of the brew.
- A removable water tank is an added blessing since it if easier to fill water that way.
- Make sure your espresso machine has a movable steam wand. This way you can control the consistency of the froth.
- This one might be optional compared to the others, but an attached cup warmer is always good. Otherwise you have to warm your cup by pouring hot water manually.
- Pod espresso machines are simpler and therefore if your machine works with pods too, it will be convenient. But this one is not for the high nosed connoisseurs who prefer their coffee freshly ground.
Check for these features and try to buy a machine with as many of them as you can find. Choosing the right machine might be difficult since there is a huge espresso machine market out there. So to make it easier for you, here are the top three best espresso machines according to The Edge.
- Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine: With a durable stainless steel body, a cup warmer, an adjustable steam wand and temperature control, it is of no wonder why this machine is popular in the market. The only downside is you will need to buy an additional good coffee grinder to reap the full benefits of this machine. Also, you will need to get used to the technology a bit.
- DeLonghi EC 155: This user friendly espresso machine allows brewing from both freshly ground coffee beans and pre packed coffee pods. It is small, compact and pretty simple to use. Though there has been some complaints about its durability and the speed at which it brews. Some reviewers also mentioned that the crema on top of the espresso is not satisfactory. Overall, this is a good coffee machine for beginners.
- Saeco Exprelia EVO Fully Automatic Machine: This fully automatic machine saves you all the trouble as it grinds brews and cleans all by itself. This is truly coffee at the touch of a button. It looks straight out of a sci-fi movie given the snazzy high tech appearance. But for all this, you have to pay the price.
Before you settle down on buying any machine, do research and see what options you have first. Shed some extra money if you have to but do not compromise on the quality of electrical goods for the sake of saving some pennies.